Rosemary Enhanced Refrigerator Green Bean Pickles
- *fresh green beans, washed and tops removed
- 2 - 1 qt
- clean jars or containers with tight fitting lids
- 1 medium
- sweet onion, sliced thinly
- 4-6 clove
- garlic, smashed
- 2 c
- apple cider vinegar
- 2 c
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 c
- kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp
- *dried rosemary or 1 tbsp fresh
- 1 tsp
- celery seed
How to Make Rosemary Enhanced Refrigerator Green Bean Pickles
- 1Blanch your beans: place green beans into a saucepan and add 1/2"-1" of water, cover and bring to a boil and boil 3 minutes, remove from heat, pour into strainer and rinse with cold water until beans are cool to the touch.
- 2Add 2-3 garlic cloves and half the onion slices to each jar. Divide beans into jars standing the beans up right. Set aside.
- 3In a bowl mix together vinegar, water, sugar, salt, rosemary and celery seed until sugar is dissolved. Pour over green beans and fit with tight fitting lids.
Place into refrigerator for at least 48 hrs. Then enjoy!
- 4*Use as many green beans as it takes to fill up 2 - 1 quart jars snugly. Sorry I don't have an exact measurement. With my big hands...it was about 4 handfuls. :o)
*you can add more rosemary if you prefer a lot of rosemary flavor...the amount listed gives just a mild flavor.