How to Make roasted chestnuts
- Look for chestnuts that are clean and shiny. Buy as many as you like.
- With a sharp knife, cut an"X" on the side of the nuts, through the shell.
- Put the nuts in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Let them soak for 15 minutes. Add a pinch of salt. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Drain nuts and place on baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Place the pan on top of stove. Cover the nuts with a clean towel and let them rest for 15 minutes.
- Peel and enjoy!