Rice Krispies Monster Truck
¼ cmargarine or butter
1 pkgregular marshmallows
½ tspvanilla extract (optional)
6 crice krispies* cereal (try with rice krispies*, vanilla flavour cereal or rice krispies*, brown rice gluten free cereal)
How to Make Rice Krispies Monster Truck
- Melt the margarine in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows, stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Stir until well coated.
- Press ¾ of the mix firmly into a buttered pan.
- First, cut out your shapes. You will need one larger, thicker rectangle for the body of the truck, and a smaller one with a slanted edge for the cab. You will need four circles (I used a round cookie cutter) that are large in relation to the body of the truck (because this is a monster truck, after all)
- If you want the wheels to be black (or any part of the truck to be any colour – there are two ways you can do this. One is by using food colouring when you are making your batch of Kellogg’s Rice Krispies treats. Or – you can paint the wheels once they are formed before you affix them to the truck.
- Use melted white chocolate wafers to affix the cab to the body of the truck. This works best, but you can also use icing. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave 30 seconds at a time. Do NOT add any liquid to it.
- To attach the wheels to the body of the truck, use toothpicks and a smear of white chocolate (to really make sure they are on there). If you need to disguise the toothpick on the outside of the wheel, a candy item (like the licorice all sorts I used) works really well.
- Then, it’s up to you! Decorate your truck as you see fit! For me, I used licorice ropes as bumpers, gumdrops as lights, and icing to paint on a window on the cab.