Pretzel Candy Hugs
My sister in law Kim passed this recipe on to me a few years ago.
So easy....3 ingrediants in all!!!
If you have young ones get them involved in "peeling" the HUGS or sprinkling the M&M's...
Hope you all enjoy these delicious morsels! Personally I have always thought that the person who thought of simply sticking a pretzel in chocolate should receieve an Iron Chef achievement :):)
- bag of small pretzel rounds ( like a loose knot)
- bag of hugs ( white and chocolate kisses) hershey kisses are not as good in this recipe...use the hugs...you will be much happier with the final result
- bag of either the colorful mini m&m's or purchase at your local mall color coordinated m&m's for a graduation, baby shower, or holiday
- parchment paper
How to Make Pretzel Candy Hugs
- 1Place parchment down on a couple of cookie sheets
Place as many pretzels on the two cookie sheet as you have Hugs for.
BAKE AT 200 DEGREES FOR EXACTLY 2 MINUTES....EXACTLY TWO...THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!
Remove from oven and immediately place 3 regular size M&M's on each melted Hug..just sprinkle them on, they will hold in place as the Hug firms up...use one or two extra M&M's if using the mini baking kind.
- 2Let cool and wrap in cellophane gift bags and tie with coordinating ribbon...or serve on a platter if not gift giving.
- 3These are as delicious as they are pretty and so much fun to bring to a baby shower using pink and blue M&Ms...or a bridal shower using the wedding colors of the bridesmaid dresses, a graduation using school colors, a super bowl party using team colors or for Halloween using Black and Orange M&M's, Red White and Blue for July 4th, and of couse the Red and Green for Christmas...the color scheme can go on and on...have fun with it!! You can get specific colored M&M's at the Mall or online...a bit pricy I have to warn you...but if its for a specail occasion I'll spluge, otherwise I mostly use the regular multi colored M&M's