1 - 16oz can(s)sliced beets
12hard cooked, shelled eggs
3/4 ccider vinegar
1/2 tspcracked pepper
1/8 tspground allspice
How to Make Pickled Eggs
- Begin recipe one to three days ahead-
boil eggs to hard cooked and shell. Precede to next step.
- Drain beet liquid into a 1 quart sauce pan.
- Place sliced beets and eggs into 1 1/2 quart jar or large bowl.
- Into beet juice, stir vinegar & remaining ingredients.
- Over high heat, heat spices and juices to boiling.
- Pour hot spice mixture over eggs & beets.
- Cover and refrigerate at least twelve hours for all flavors to penetrate eggs.