Mary Ann Thompson
How to Make Peppermint Lemon
- It is very important you use the soft peppermint sticks, not the hard "candy cane" variety! I usually get "Bob's Old Fashioned Peppermint" sticks at Walmart.
- Wash whole lemons in warm water. Roll lemon back and forth on clean counter to increase juice.
- On upper end of lemon, cut a small hole in rind just big enough to push a peppermint stick into.
- Hold lemon firmly in both hands and gently squeeze while sucking on the end of the peppermint stick. It may take a few strong sucks but soon the lemon juice will come up through the peppermint (like a straw). The perfect lemonade!
- The peppermint may dissolve before you get all the juice out of the lemon, but just push another piece of peppermint down inside and continue to enjoy!