Roasted Corn and Green Chili Mini Corndogs
- ear of corn roasted
- 1 pkg
- of 8 bun length all beef hotdogs
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- corn meal
- 1/4 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 large
- egg scrambled
- 1 1/4 c
- old recipe bulgarian buttermilk
- 4 oz
- chopped green chilies
How to Make Roasted Corn and Green Chili Mini Corndogs
- 1You can roast the ear of corn over a gas burner ahead of time. If you don't have a gas stove to roast the corn on, you can grill it either outside or on a grill pan. The flavor isn't the same, but it's close.
- 2Heat oil to 365 degrees.
- 3Mix all dry ingredients and set aside.
- 4Cut the kernals off the ear of corn into a bowl. Add egg and scramble w/corn. Add buttermilk and chilies and mix together.
- 5Add dry ingredients to wet and mix completely careful to get rid of all lumps.
- 6Cut each hotdog into 4 pieces (you'll have 32 when done) and insert a toothpick into each.
- 7Dip each hotdog piece into batter and swirl around to completly coat. Drop into hot oil no more than 4 at a time. Turn as they float up for even cooking/color. Cook until golden.