- 1/2 lb
- extra-sharp cheddar, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 slice
- bacon chopped really fine
- small white onion chopped into tiny pieces
- loaf of cocktail bread (rye or pumpernickel is suggested but i'd even try the raisin bread)
How to Make Mini Bacon Cheesy Toasties
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a food processor, combine cheddar, bacon, and onion. Process until a smooth paste forms, and transfer to a small bowl.
- 2Arrange bread on two rimmed baking sheets. Bake until crisp but not browned, about 6 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely(unless you don't like crunchy things... then only bake for 3 minutes so the bread doesn't go soggy).
- 3Heat broiler. Top each toast with 2 tablespoons cheese mixture. Broil until topping is lightly browned, about 4 minutes.