Carmels with or without Licorice
1 can(s)sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cwhite corn syrup
1/2 canise oil or to taste
·leave it carmel looking or
1 tspblack paste food coloring.
·i like it to look like carmels
How to Make Carmels with or without Licorice
- Put first five ingredients in heavy pan cook to 235 degrees, stirring constantly. Use a wooden spoon.
- Take off heat and add anise oil or not If you don't you make caramel.
- Add food coloring if desired or not. They are nice without the black coloring.
- Prepare your 9 x 13 glass pyrex, metal pan. Spray or butter parchment paper.
- After pouring licorice in the pyrex, put in the frig or out in the garage overnight.
- Turn it out on a large cutting surface and cut in pieces and wrap in wax paper. Done!