Carmels with or without Licorice
- 1 can(s)
- sweetened condensed milk
- 2 c
- 1 c
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- white corn syrup
- 1/2 c
- anise oil or to taste
- leave it carmel looking or
- 1 tsp
- black paste food coloring.
- i like it to look like carmels
How to Make Carmels with or without Licorice
- 1Put first five ingredients in heavy pan cook to 235 degrees, stirring constantly. Use a wooden spoon.
- 2Take off heat and add anise oil or not If you don't you make caramel.
- 3Add food coloring if desired or not. They are nice without the black coloring.
- 4Prepare your 9 x 13 glass pyrex, metal pan. Spray or butter parchment paper.
- 5After pouring licorice in the pyrex, put in the frig or out in the garage overnight.
- 6Turn it out on a large cutting surface and cut in pieces and wrap in wax paper. Done!