Karens' Cuban Sandwich
1cuban ( or french ) loaf
4 slicesmoked chicken
4 sliceswiss cheese
6 sprig(s)cilantro (coriander)
1 glugolive oil if desired
·salt and pepper if desired
How to Make Karens' Cuban Sandwich
- I find it easier to lay out all the 'fixings" before I start.
- Slice open your loaf longways
- Spread both halves with mayonnaise, and one half with mustard
- Start layering, I started with ham, then the smoked chicken, then the cheese
- Top this with your dill pickles ( sliced), tomato ( sliced).
- Take your fresh coriander (stems removed) and layer it on your pickle and tomato.
- Place the remaining half loaf on top and press it down firmly.
- You could, of course, eat it like this, but to make it cuban-style, place it in a panini press, if you have one. Since I don't, I lightly greased a frying pan with olive oil, carefully laid my sandwich on it, and pressed it down with the help of a heavy frying pan. With the heat on med-high, I gave it four minutes, and then very carefully repeated the process for the other side.
- Slice your sandwich in half, and enjoy!!!!
I did not add salt and pepper since I don't care for it, but if you like it, please feel free :)