- 1 lb
- sweet potato, sliced crosswise (orange flesh)
- 1 c
- palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 c
- cooking oil suitable for deep frying, more as needed
- white sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
How to Make Kamote Cue
- 1Heat the pan on MEDIUM-HIGH then pour in the oil.
- 2Add the brown sugar until it dissolves. If it seems like the brown sugar may start to burn, reduce heat!
- 3Carefully add the potato slices to the pan but do not crowd. (You'll need to fry the slices in batches.) Fry for about 5-10 minutes, turning the slices often to evenly brown and allow the sugar to adhere.
- 4Remove the sweet potato slices from the pan and place on a paper towel to remove excess oil and cool down a bit. Arrange the pieces onto bamboo skewers, garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy!