These remind me of "fruit by the foot" or fruit snacks. I have used all different types of jello. I love orange jello with this recipe because the mix with the marshmallows reminds me of a Orange Creamsicle.
QUICK TIP: Trying to cut the pinwheel once it's rolled can be difficult with a knife. You can use dental floss to cut these and they turn out perfect every time.
How to Make Jello Pinwheels
- 1Lightly spray an 8 or 9 inch square pan with cooking spray. If you do not have cooking spray you can also line the pan with plastic wrap so that it comes up the sides.
- 2Mix the gelatin and water in a medium sized bowl until gelatin is dissolved.
- 3Add the marshmallows until they are dissolved into the jello. If the marshmallows do not melt, place in the microwave for 10 second intervals until melted.
- 4Gently pour the jello/marshmallow mixture into the pan.
- 5Chill for 1 hour (The marshmallow and jello will separate forming two distinctive layers).
- 6Remove the chilled jello from the refrigerator and remove from the pan or peel away from the plastic wrap.
TIPS FOR REMOVING THE JELLO: You may want to dip a butter knife in hot water and run in around the sides of the pan to loosen it. Also after loosening up the sides you can also roll the jello into a roll in the pan if you are having trouble getting it out.
- 7With the jello side down (marshmallow side up) roll the square into a roll (pinwheel).
- 8Use dental floss to cut the Jello into 1/2 inch slices. You should get about 10 to 12 pinwheels.
- 9Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator until needed.