☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 5 medium
- potatoes (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 1/4 lb
- ground beef
- 1/4 lb
- ground pork
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp
- curry powder
- 1/4 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1 large
- egg, beaten
- 2 c
- panko (or plain bread crumbs)
- oil, for frying
- 3 Tbsp
- tonkatsu sauce (or spicy ketchup or bbq sauce)
How to Make Japanese Croquettes
- 1Boil potatoes 20 to 30 minutes or until soft inside. Remove skin, and mash the potatoes.
- 2Heat butter in a skillet, then sauté onion in the melted butter for 3 minutes. Add beef and pork, and cook about 3 minutes or until no pink remains in the meats.
- 3In a bowl, mix mashed potato, cooked meats, salt, pepper and curry powder. Shape into croquettes or oval balls, about the size and shape of a small potato.
- 4Sprinkle flour on both sides of each croquette, then roll in the beaten egg, then cover with panko crumbs.
- 5Heat oil to to 375°F (190°C),and fry the croquettes until golden brown, about 2 minutes each side. Transfer fried croquettes to a platter.
- 6Spoon a little tonkatsu sauce (or spicy ketchup or BBQ sauce) on each croquette, and serve.