☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
5 mediumpotatoes (about 1 3/4 pounds)
1 Tbspunsalted butter
1 smallonion, chopped
1/4 lbground beef
1/4 lbground pork
·salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 tspcurry powder
1/4 call-purpose flour
1 largeegg, beaten
2 cpanko (or plain bread crumbs)
·oil, for frying
3 Tbsptonkatsu sauce (or spicy ketchup or bbq sauce)
How to Make Japanese Croquettes
- Boil potatoes 20 to 30 minutes or until soft inside. Remove skin, and mash the potatoes.
- Heat butter in a skillet, then sauté onion in the melted butter for 3 minutes. Add beef and pork, and cook about 3 minutes or until no pink remains in the meats.
- In a bowl, mix mashed potato, cooked meats, salt, pepper and curry powder. Shape into croquettes or oval balls, about the size and shape of a small potato.
- Sprinkle flour on both sides of each croquette, then roll in the beaten egg, then cover with panko crumbs.
- Heat oil to to 375°F (190°C), and fry the croquettes until golden brown, about 2 minutes each side. Transfer fried croquettes to a platter.
- Spoon a little tonkatsu sauce (or spicy ketchup or BBQ sauce) on each croquette, and serve.