Honey Roasted Chex Snack
There are several Sweet Mixes listed here.
I made some changes to this basic recipe when I made it and they will be included as notes in either the ingredients or the directions sections.
- 3 c
- corn chex® cereal (i used 2c each wheat, corn and rice chex)
- 2 to 3 c
- cheerios cereal
- 1 1/2 c
- bugles corn snacks (i used a small 3 oz bag)
- 1/2 c
- honey roasted peanuts (i added 1/2 c. roughly broken pecans also)
- 2 Tbsp
- light corn syrup (do not use dark) (1/4 c)
- 2 Tbsp
- honey (1/4 c)
- 1 Tbsp
- butter (2 tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract (i used 2 tsp of vanilla)
- 1 - 3oz
- bag cinnamon teddy grahams crackers (my addition)
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon (optional)
IF THERE IS AN INGREDIENT WITH AN AMOUNT LISTED BEHIND IT IN PARENTHESES( ), THAT IS MY VARIATION.
How to Make Honey Roasted Chex Snack
- 1In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals, snacks and peanuts; set aside. In 4 cup pyrex measuring cup or medium microwavable bowl, microwave corn syrup, honey and butter uncovered on High about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth and beginning to thicken. Stir in vanilla. Drizzle about 1/3 of the coating over cereal mixture and stir ; repeat twice the drizzle and stir, and then stir well until evenly coated. If you have a two tined turning fork, this makes a good stirring tool as it does not crush the cereal as much as a spoon or spatula.
- 3Because I doubled the coating mixture, it took additional time to cook the coating, so I have changed the recipe directions to reflect the longer times. You will also notice that I added some extra cereal and crackers. And finally I took half of the mix,added some pecans to it and then sprinkled it with about a half tsp of cinnamon before the final cooking stage for a different taste. This mix is not too sweet. It has a very delicate sweetness.