Homemade Gummy Worms
2 pkg3 oz raspberry jello
1 pkgunflavored gelatin (for extra firmness)
3/4 cwhipping cream
3 cboiling water
15drops green food coloring
100flexible straws (or enough to fill your container)
1tall container (1 quart or 1 liter carton of milk)
How to Make Homemade Gummy Worms
- Combine gelatin in bowl and add boiling water.
- Let it cool to lukewarm and then add the whipping cream and 15 drops green food coloring.
- Gather your straws (don’t forget to flex them out) and put them in the container. It’s important that the straws have a tight fit so the jello stays in the straws. For this reason, a 1 liter carton may be better; you will probably get longer worms since there is a tighter fit. If you have a bigger container, a rubber band around the straws is helpful. Or you could just add more straws to fill the container.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the straw-filled container and let it set until firm.
- There are multiple ways you can remove the worms from the straws. You can roll a rolling pin over the straws and squeeze them out or you can hold the straws over warm water. The worms will slip right out.