Halloween Candy Corn and Bugles Mix
This is a great mix that is sweet and salty. It is not too sweet. It is delicious as is, or you can change it up by adding other ingredients. With variations, it could be a snack for different holidays, and everyday.
Suggestions for variations follow.
- 2 c
- dry roasted peanuts
- 10 oz
- small pretzel sticks
- 5 c
- oiginal bugles
- candy corn
- 2 pkg
- vanilla baking chips (12 oz each)
How to Make Halloween Candy Corn and Bugles Mix
- 1Combine peanuts, mini pretzel sticks, Bugles, Candy Corn and 1 package of Vanilla chips.
- 2Mix well and pour out on a wax paper or parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Spread out.
- 3Melt the other package of Vanilla chips in a microwave. Put microwave on high for 1 minute; Remove from microwave and stir. Return to microwave and continue melting for 30 second intervals; stirring after each 30 seconds, until melted.
- 4Drizzle melted Vanilla baking chips over entire mixture of nuts, pretzels, bugles, Vanilla chips and Candy Corn. Let mixture set until melted chips drizzle is no longer soft.
- 5Break up and put in baggies or in a large bowl; plastic or glass pumpkin container; or other container.
- 6This is a good treat sealed in plastic baggies for trick or treaters (whose parents know you) -young and not so young. I like to put it in a pumpkin shaped container for others to help themselves and enjoy.
* I sometimes use milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of the vanilla; or I may use 1 bag of the chocolate chips in the mix and use 1 bag of the vanilla chips for the drizzle.
* Replace the candy corn (or add to the mix leaving in the candy corn) with M&Ms or mini jellybeans; also you can use mellowcremes, which are like candy corn, but different shapes.
* Chocolate covered raisins are a very good addition.
* Use any kind of nuts (pecans, cashews, almonds, etc.) in place of the peanuts -or use a mixture of nuts.
* During Christmas-time, you can purchase red, green and white candy corn(from Oriental Trading year around -or in stores during the season). Here is a link orientaltrading.com/christmas-candy-...
* Use your imagination. You can make it as simple or add any variety of nuts, candy, etc., that you want for a snack that is great anytime.