Half Time Truffle Bites
- 1 box
- (19.5 ounce) milk chocolate brownie mix
- 1/4 c
- freshly brewed coffee, cooled
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
- 3 large
- (16 ounce) ready made pound cake
- (15 ounce) container ready made frosting, coconut and pecan flavor
- 1/4 c
- chocolate flavored liqueur
- 20 oz
- dark and/or milk chocolate candy melts
- colored sprinkles or decorating sugar of choice
- 1 pkg
- (60 or more per package) paper or foil candy cup liners
How to Make Half Time Truffle Bites
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2In large bowl, combine brownie mix, coffee, vegetable oil and eggs: stir with spoon or whisk until mixture is combined and smooth. Spread in prepared pan.
- 3Bake 28 to 31 minutes. Cool for 40 minutes or until they feel room temperature to the touch.
- 4Cut brownies into large squares. Using your hands, crumble the squares into a large bowl. Slice up pound cake; crumble slices over brownie mixture in bowl.
- 5In a small bowl, combine the frosting and liqueur, stirring until well blended. Pour over brownie and cake mixture in bowl. With hands or large spoon, toss mixture until well mixed. Refrigerate, covered with foil or plastic wrap, for 1 hour or until mixture is firm enough to roll into balls.
- 6Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll chilled mixture into 1-inch balls and place on cookie sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 1 hour or until firm to the touch. They can be frozen overnight, if desired.
- 7Melt candy melts in microwave according to directions on package. Use two forks to hold and dip each frozen ball into the melted chocolate until completely covered. Gently shake off excess chocolate and use one fork to gently push the coated ball off the other fork back on to the baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle with colored sugar or sprinkles as the chocolate will set up fast on the frozen balls.
- 8Place balls in candy cup liners. Store in layers, separated by waxed paper, in a covered container.