★★★★★ 1 vote5
6 ccorn chex cereal
6 cgolden graham cereal
1 calmonds, slivered
1 csweetened coconut
1 ccorn syrup, light
How to Make Gooey Sweet Coconut Chex Mix
- line two large baking sheets with parchment paper, or waxed paper. if you don't have either of these, just spray the sheets with cooking spray and call it good.
- find yourself some corn chex cereal and some golden grahams cereal. toss 6 cups each into a large mixing bowl.
- add 1 cup of coconut and 1 cup of slivered almonds.
- take a big wooden spoon and give it all a nice stir.
- into a medium sized sauce pan place 1 cup butter, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup light corn syrup.
- get the pan to the stove and bring it to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly. let it boil for 4 minutes (keep stirring).
- pour the sugary sweet gooey delight from the pan over the top of the cereal/coconut mixture.
- pour the mix out onto the lined cookie sheets. let the yummy concoction cool and set for about 15-20 minutes.
- don't be tempted to leave it in the mixing bowl. it will stick together like crazy. letting it set up on the sheets works a lot better.
- once it has set up a bit, break it into chunks and store in an airtight container.