How to Make Garlic Croutons
- Cut up the bread into chunks(they don't shrink up too much, so make sure you can fit the pieces in your mouth.) Place them in a medium sized bowl
- Melt the stick of butter. Dissolve the onion and garlic powders in the butter.
- Pour the butter mixture over the bread chunks. Mix with a large slotted spoon or your hands until the bread is coated.
- Cover a 9x13 pan with parchment paper (not required, just easier clean up). Spread the bread chunks over the pan in a single layer.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring and turning every 15 minutes. The croutons should be dry by the end. If not, leave them in the oven for 15 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool. This is when you would add the Parmesan cheese if desired. Store in an airtight container.