★★★★★ 1 vote5
- zucchini flowers
- eggs, beaten
- seasoned bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- any kind of italian grated cheese
- 3 large bowls or deep dishes
How to Make Fried Zucchini Flowers
- 1Wash out the zucchini flowers. Cut off the stems and/or remove from the zucchini. You just want the flower. Slice the flower in half and remove the stamen. Set them to the side on a paper towel.
- 2Take one of the large bowls and add some flour. Also add some salt and pepper and mix it in.
- 3In the second large bowl add the eggs and some water to thin it out a bit. Add some salt and pepper and mix.
- 4In the third bowl add your bread crumbs. Add some of the grated cheese and mix it in well.
- 5Take each of your flower pieces and put it first in the flour, then the eggs and then the breadcrumbs. Set aside on a dish. Repeat this for the remaining flowers.
- 6Fry all the flowers until golden brown and salt them as soon as they come out of the fryer. These can be eaten plain or dipped in marinara sauce.
- 7***NOTE*** You can also batter dip these and fry if you like. Add some grated cheese to your favorite batter mix and fry.