Deep Fried Mushrooms: Battered & Crumbed
Serve as a snack with a yummy dip or as a side to enhance your meal.
I normally make this for me and my sister to snack on while we watch the football, and I'll admit we have been known to make a second batch before its even close to halftime! Oops. :/
Hot tip: To make these even more delicious, sprinkle with parmesan cheese after frying.
- 250-400 g
- white button mushrooms
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- 2 c
- breadcrumbs (panko is best for this)
- 2-3 c
- vegetable oil for deep frying (im just guessing the quantity!)
- 2 tsp
- baking powder (i forgot to include this earlier because i dont usually add it, but can give your mushrooms a nice round look if thats what you like. doesnt make a difference for me)
- some people find this coating bland so if you're worried about it add some herbs or spices. i love it how it is.
How to Make Deep Fried Mushrooms: Battered & Crumbed
- 1Heat oil to 190 degrees Celcius
- 2Mix dry ingredients (except breadcrumbs) in a bowl and add water to make the batter (pancake consistency or close to it)
- 6Serve as a side or as a snack.