★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 cbread crumbs, seasoned
2/3 call purpose flour
1 qtoil for deep frying
24 ozmozzarella string cheese sticks
How to Make Fried Cheese Sticks
- In a small bowl, mix the eggs and water.
- Mix teh bread crumbs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. In a separate medium bowl, blend the flour and cornstarch.
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat oil to 365*F.
- One at a time, coat each mozzarella stick in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, then the breadcrumbs and finally into the oil.
- Fry until golden brown, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and drain on paper towel.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve with marinara or ranch dipping sauce.