Flank Steak Beef Jerky
2 lbflank steak
2/3 cworcestershire sauce
2/3 csoy sauce
2 tspblack pepper
2 tsponion powder
1 tspliquid smoke flavoring, i use mesquite or pecan
1 tspred pepper flakes
How to Make Flank Steak Beef Jerky
- Trim all fat from the flank steak
- Cover and place in freezer for about an hour.
- Remove from freezer and slice as thin as possible, 1/8 but no more than 1/4 inch strips. If it will not slice pretty easy place back in the freezer a few more minutes.
- Combine all the other indgredients into a gallon size zip baggie and mix well.
- Add your slice meat strips mix well again and refrigerate up to 24 hours. The longer you leave in the refrigerator the stronger the flavor.
- Drain the meat strips very well and place on foil lined baking pans. Set aside and allow meat to come to room temperature. Preheat your oven during this wait time to 200*
- Place meat into the 200* preheated oven. Prop door open slightly to allow excess heat and moisture to escape. This will allow a more even drying process.
- Dry about 1 & 1/2 to 2 hours or until very dry and chewy. Meat should be very dry but soft.
- Remove from oven, set aside and allow to cool before storing in a container or another zip baggie.