★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 can(s)
- canned biscuits, the small cheap ones work great, not the flaky kind.
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar
- shortening or oil to deep fry the biscuits
How to Make Easy Homemade Donuts
- 1I use a small sauce pan, add the shortening or oil. Just enough that it will cover the biscuits. Let it heat up to deep fry the biscuits.
Open the can of biscuits, take each one and pinch out a hole in the middle. Drop each one into the hot oil or shortening. A few at a time, I usually do about three at a time. Turn over each donut several times to make sure they don't burn. Turn down the heat if they start getting to brown. Remove as soon as both sides are nicely browned and drain on paper towels. You can cook the donut holes as well.
- 2Heat the brown sugar and butter, to a boil. You can adjust the amounts to your preference. Remove it when it starts to thicken. Don't over boil. This makes like a creamy caramel.
- 3Put donuts in a baking pan and pour the brown sugar mixture over them. Ready to eat and enjoy.
Don't worry if it takes one time to learn the way to adjust the time to deep fry, you will master it easily.