- loaf of french bread not a baguette
- slow roasted cuban pork sliced thin- see my recipe
- honey ham
- swiss cheese
- dill pickle sandwich sliced
How to Make Cuban Sandwiches
- 1Cut end off French bread and cut in half. Slice open like a hot dog bun.
Spread with mustard
Add Swiss cheese 4 slices, break them up so there is cheese on both sides.
Add pork slices overlapping so there is pork with each bite
Add Ham (I used Oscar Meyer deli fresh honey ham)
Add Pickles (I used Clausen vertically cut sandwich Pickles but any dill will do)
Then you smash it all together making sure nothing sticks out and give it a good push to flatten the sandwich.
- 2Take your flattened sandwich and place in a lightly buttered pan and use something to weigh it down. The traditional way is with a brick but because I was doing two sandwiches at once I used a brick in a pan shown in the picture. You can use a sandwich press. Cook till lightly browned and flip to other side to do the same.
Cut the half loaves in half and do 2 quarter sandwiches at at time. Take them out stick 4 toothpicks in and slice for small sandwiches.