- 4 oz
- mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp
- instant expresso powder
- 1 tsp
- dutch-process cocoa
- 1 Tbsp
- sugar, or to taste
- small rounds of bread sliced 1/2 inch thick, cut from a baguette style loaf, or 12 small rounds of brioche
- unsalted butter
- cocoa for sprinkling on top of the crostini
How to Make Crostini al Caffe e Cacao
- 1Place the mascarpone in a small bowl. Add the espresso, cocoa, and sugar. Stir well to blend thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes to develop flavors. Remove from the refrigerator a few minutes before serving.
- 2Place the bread rounds on a baking sheet and toast them in a 350 oven until lightly golden on the outside but still soft within.
- 3If desired, lightly butter the crostini. Then, using a knife, spread the mascarpone mixture on the crostini, smoothing it into low mounds. Dust the tops lightly with cocoa.
- 4Makes 12 crostini.