Crock Pot Chex Mix
Salt and ground black pepper can be sprinkled on once you spread it to cool on a cookie sheet or flat pan, but we have found that the salted nuts have always been sufficient.
Good munchies for game day or movie night.
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 1½ tbsp. worchestchire sauce
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 (1oz.) packets of ranch dressing mix
- 3 cups rice chex cereal
- 1 cup gold fish cheese crackers
- 2 cups corn chex cereal
- 2 cups cheese-it crackers or oyster crackers
- 1 cup cheerios
- 3 cups pretzels
- 2 cups mixed nuts (more if you like nuts)
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan
How to Make Crock Pot Chex Mix
- 1Melt butter in a medium saucepan on stovetop.
- 2Add Worchestchire sauce, garlic powder, and ranch dressing mix to butter and stir until well combined (as well as you can get it). Be sure to stir the thicker parts near the bottom of the pot as the ranch dressing mix will settle to the bottom.
- 3Put cereals, crackers, nuts and pretzels in 6 qt. crock pot and gently but thoroughly mix.
- 4Pour half of the butter mixture and half of the grated parmesan evenly across the top of cereal mixture. Stir again to combine.
- 5Pour the rest of the butter mixture and cheese evenly across the cereal in crock pot. Gently stir again, trying to get all pieces well coated.
- 6Cook on high, uncovered, for 2-3 hours on high, stirring once every 20 minutes.
- 7Turn out onto parchment lined cookie sheet to completely cool.
- 8Once cooled, serve or store in air tight container. Don’t store if not completely cooled or the cereal and pretzels will get touch and not crispy/crunchy.