Chocolate Dipped Orange Peel
How to Make Chocolate Dipped Orange Peel
- Cut top and bottom off of each orange and cut the peels of each into 4 vertical pieces and remove from orange. Cut each of these into thinstrips.
- Bring a pot of water to boiling (covering peels), reduce heat to medium and cook peels in boiling water for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse. Taste test for bitterness and repeat this step if necessary.
- Bring 2 cups of water and 1 cup sugar to boil over medium heat. Add peel, reduce heat to simmer until peels are tender. About 45 minutes.
- Drain and toss peels in 1 cup of sugar. Syrup can be used in teas, etc
Place peels on wax paper or parchment and let dry (24-48 hours).
- Melt good quality dark chocolate, dip peels and allow to dry.