★★★★★ 1 vote5
- pouch ( 1lb 1.5 oz) betty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1/3 c
- unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine,softened
- 2 Tbsp
- bag ( 1/2 oz) white vanilla baking chips
- 1/4 c
- whipping cream
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped candied cherries red decorator sugar crystal or 8 candied cherries, eac cut into 6 pieces
How to Make Cherry-Chocolate Cookie Cups
- 1Heat oven to 360 Degrees F. Lightly spray 48 mini muffin cups with cooking spray. In medium bowl, Stir cookie mix and coca until well mixed. Stir in butter and egg until soft dough forms.
- 2Shape dough into 48 (1-inch) balls. (If dough is sticky. Use moistened fingers.) Press 1 ball into bottom and up side of each muffin cup.
- 3Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until edges are set. Gently press end of handle of wooden spoon into bottom and against side of each cookie cup to flatten. Begin careful not to make holes in dough. Bake 2 to 3 minutes longer or until bottom is set. Cool in pan on cooling rack 20 to 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, in medium microwaveable bowl. Mix baking chips and cream. Microwave on high 30 seconds; stir Microwave 20 to 30 seconds longer or until mixture is smooth and chips are melted. Stir in amaretto and chopped cherries. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes until slightly thickened; stir.
- 5Using tip of knife or metal spatula, lift cookie cups out of pan, gently twisting and lifting up; place on cooling racks. Repress centers with spoons cherry mixture into each cup. Sprinkle with red sugar or top with cherry piece.