CARAMELIZED PUMPKIN SEEDS
Peggi Anne Tebben
I store in the freezer & eat as a snack.
How to Make CARAMELIZED PUMPKIN SEEDS
- 1To roast seeds, preheat oven to 300°. Scoop seeds from pumpkin; remove fibers from seeds and discard fibers.
- 2Rinsing seeds is not necessary but if you do, pat them dry with paper towels.
- 3Place 1 cup seeds in a bowl.
- 4Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and salt; toss to coat evenly.
- 5Place seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- 6Roast, stirring seeds occasionally, for 30 to 45 minutes or until seeds make a popping sound & become golden.
- 7To caramelize seeds, in a medium skillet heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat.
- 8Stir in roasted pumpkin seeds. When seeds just begin to sizzle, stir in brown sugar, stirring constantly for 20 to 30 seconds or until seeds are coated with melted sugar and turn deep brown.
- 9Be careful not to scorch.
- 10Remove from heat & transfer to a sheet of foil.
- 11Let seeds cool, breaking up any clumps.