- whole apples (more, if apples are small)
- 4 pkg
- (11-ounce each) caramel melts
- 2 Tbsp
- heavy cream (a little more is fine)
- 1 tsp
TOPPINGS: MINI M&MS, CRUSHED PRETZELS, KOSHER SALT, CHOCOLATE CHIPS, COCONUT, CRUSHED PECANS, CRUSHED SALTINES, ETC.
How to Make Caramel Apples
- 1Melt caramel with cream in a double boiler or glass bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Add vanilla and salt and stir until smooth.
- 2Stick one chopstick in the bottom of each apple. One at a time, dip the apple in the caramel, coating it all the way to the base of the stick. Allow excess to drip back into the pan for a couple of seconds, then carefully roll the apple in whatever topping you’d like. (There’s a small window of opportunity for the toppings to easily stick!)
- 3Repeat with all the apples, refrigerating apples as soon as they’re coated. Once cool, wrap apples with cellophane or plastic wrap.