Butterscotch Cashew Cookies
I made these and took them to the hospital where i volunteer in the Gift shop. I gave them out to various people and every single one told me this was a great tasting cookie.
Myself, not a cookie lover, ate one and believe me.....I had more. These are a hit with my family and everyone that has tried one.
3/4 c1 and 1/2 sticks (6 oz) salted butter softened
6 ozsoftened cream cheese (1/4 of an 8 oz pkg.
3/4 cwhite (granulated) sugar
3/4 cbrown sugar
2 tspvanilla extract
1 tspbaking soda
3 cflour (pack it down when you measure it.)
1 cbutterscotch chips (6 oz)
1 cwhite chocolate chips
1 1/2 csalted, chopped cashews. measure before chopping
How to Make Butterscotch Cashew Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a large bowl, mix the softened butter, softened cream cheese, white sugar and brown sugar until they are light and fluffy
Mix in the vanilla and the baking soda.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing after each addition.
(if using the electric mixer) stop now as you will have to add and mix the last three ingredients by hand.
- Add the Butterscotch chips to your bowl and stir them in.
Add the white chocolate chips to your bowl and mix thoroughly.
NOTE: i used two squares of Whie Almond Bark for mine chopped.
Add the chopped salted cashews and mix well.
- Drop the dough by a mounded teaspoonful on cookie sheet. (At this point it stated UNGREASED pan) however, I sprayed mine lightley with pan oil. They came out fine. They tended to stick on the ungreased one.
Flatten the cookies a bit with th blade of a spatula or your impeccably clean palm. They will spread a little more in the oven but not a lot.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until they are golden on top.
Let them cool for a minute or two and transfer to cookie rack to cool completely
Yields about 4 1/2 dozen.