- 1 c
- white hominy *do not* sub fresh/frozen/or canned corn kernels
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp
- grated coconut (i'm going to assume that means fresh but you can use toasted, grated dried coconut)
- 1 tsp
- granulated sugar, to taste
How to Make Binatog
- 1Note: Hominy usually comes canned; sometimes dried. In the US hominy can be found in Mexican markets and many grocery stores carry it, too. For CANNED hominy: rinse canned hominy with water then with fresh water boil in a pot until kernels burst open, about 10 to 15 minutes. When cooking with dried hominy, soak dried kernels overnight in water. Rinse, place in a pot, and cover with water. Simmer for a few hours until kernels burst open.
- 2Mix the boiled hominy, butter, coconut, sugar and salt in an individual serving bowl. Add more sugar to taste.
If desired, you can add a splash or two of coconut milk or cow's milk, if so inclined!