Baked Onion Blossom Nibble
Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
1large sweet onion, texas sweet, vidalia, maui, walla walla
3 Tbspmelted butter
2 Tbspdijon mustard
3 Tbsppanko or other bread crumbs
1 Tbspsmokey paprika
·sauce: bottled ranch dressing
How to Make Baked Onion Blossom Nibble
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Peel skin from onion and cut off root end.
- Cut through from the top down to the bottom, leaving bottom intact, forming 16 wedges.
- Place on a 12-inch square of foil. Fold foil up around the onion and place in oven-safe baking dish or pie plate. Bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine butter and mustard in a small bowl and mix well.
- Remove onion, open foil, and fold foil down to make a 1-inch high rim around the onion. Crimp edges to seal.
- With pastry brush, coat the onion with butter mix and then sprinkle with bread crumbs and paprika.
- Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until crispy and tender. Pour dressing into a small bowl, place the onion on a serving plate and set dressing in the center or along side.