★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 large
- idaho potatoes
- 12 slice
- thin cut bacon
- 2 c
- canola oil
- 2 Tbsp
- melted butter
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped scallions, white and green parts
- 1/2 tsp
- chopped fresh parsley
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
How to Make Bacon-Wrapped Potatoes with Honey Scallion Sauce
- 1Bake potatoes in microwave just until about half way done. Then cut each potato lengthwise into 6 wedges. Wrap each wedge with a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- 2Heat up the oil in a large saute pan (use enough oil so that it comes up to at least half way up the sides of the potatoes. Over medium heat cook the potatoe wedges until tender, turning occasionally (about 20 min.) then turn the heat up to high and cook until the bacon is crisp. (3-5 min). Transfer the potatoes to a papertowel lined plate to drain.
- 3In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, honey, scallions, parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Carefully remove the toothpicks from the potato wedges and transfer the potatoes to a platter, drizzle the scallion sauce over the top of the potatoes and serve.