★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- 2 can(s)
- tomatoes with chilis (like rotel)
- 1 pkg
- frozen chopped broccoli (1 bag)
- 2 lb
- processed cheese, cubed (like velveeta)
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
How to Make Bacon Broccoli Dip
- 1Dice and cook bacon until crispy. Drain and reserve about 1 tablespoon of grease. Put bacon aside. (Leave the bacon alone or you will have to cook more!) Add chopped onion to pan and cook until translucent. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Scrape bottom of pan to get all the good bacon flavor and bits.
- 2While bacon is cooking, thaw broccoli in microwave or under hot water. Drain and set aside. (I know I do not have to tell you to leave this alone!)
- 3Add cubed cheese to tomato mixture and cook over low heat stirring frequently until cheese is melted. Stir in broccoli and bacon. At this point dip can be placed in crock pot and held on low for a few hours. This also freezes well. Serve with tortilla chips or dippers of your choice.