Applesauce Energy Bars
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Not overly sweet, chewy, and moist these are really good! The sweetness comes from the applesauce, honey and raisins. Great for a quick light snack. Toasting the oats with the butter on the stove top just adds to the great flavor. Yum! The Test Kitchen
How to Make Applesauce Energy Bars
- 1Stir raisins, applesauce and vanilla; set aside.
- 2Melt butter in pan over medium heat and add oatmeal and nuts stirring constantly; 3-4 minutes.
- 3Stir in cinnamon and salt; cook 1 minute.
- 4Pour mixture from pan into a bowl.
- 5Stir eggs and honey into raisin mixture.
- 6Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Spread into 8x8 buttered pan and bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.