apple cider caramels
How to Make apple cider caramels
- 1Pour cider into meduim saucepan and boil about 20 minutes or until cider is reduced to 1/3 cup. Set aside to cool.
- 2Line an 8" square pan with parchment paper, making sure to leave about a 1" edge hanging over sides for easy removal. Coat with a bit of vegetable oil and set aside.
- 3In small bowl combine 2/3c. cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and reduced apple cider. Set aside.
- 4In large, heavy saucepan combine suugar, 1/3 cup cream and enough water to reach the 1/2 cup line on measuring cup. Now add corn syrup and cider mixture. cook over low heat until sugar dissolves. Insert candy thermometer and simmer until syrup reaches 234 degrees.
- 5Remove from heat and pour caramel into prepared pan and let mixture cool completely at room temp or in fridge. Cut and wrap in wax paper. Store in airtight container in fridge for up to 2 weeks.