★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 csweetened flaked coconut
1/2 clight karo
1 jar(s)macadamia nuts (3 1/4 oz.)
1/2 cchopped pecans
1 tspbaking soda
How to Make Aloha Brittle
- On a greased baking pan, sprinkle the coconut in a 12" circle.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar and the Karo. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer reads 240 degrees (soft ball stage).
- Stir in the macadamia nuts, pecans, and butter. Cook and stir until the mixture reads 300 degrees (hard crack stage).
- In a small measuring cup, stir together the baking soda, water and vanilla.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in baking soda mixture.
- Pour quickly over the coconut; cool for 30 minutes.
- Lift the edges to loosen and then break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container with waxed paper between layers.