15 Minute Pickles
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 csugar
1 cwhite vinegar
1 Tbsppickling salt or non-iodized salt
3/4 tsppickling spice
2medium cucumbers, cut in 1/4 inch slices
1medium onion, sliced (1 cup)
1medium red or green bell pepper, sliced (1 cup)
How to Make 15 Minute Pickles
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar, salt and pickling spice. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, place cucumber slices, onion and peppers in alternate layers in clean 1-quart glass jar or plastic container with lid, packing tightly.
- Pour hot syrup into jar to cover vegetables. If needed, run table knife between pickles and jar to release air bubbles. Close jar with lid; refrigerate.
- Pickles are ready to eat in 1 day, but taste best in 3 days.
- Storage is good for up to 2 weeks.