15 Minute Pickles
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 c
- white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- pickling salt or non-iodized salt
- 3/4 tsp
- pickling spice
- medium cucumbers, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- medium onion, sliced (1 cup)
- medium red or green bell pepper, sliced (1 cup)
How to Make 15 Minute Pickles
- 1In medium saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar, salt and pickling spice. Bring to a boil.
- 2Meanwhile, place cucumber slices, onion and peppers in alternate layers in clean 1-quart glass jar or plastic container with lid, packing tightly.
- 3Pour hot syrup into jar to cover vegetables. If needed, run table knife between pickles and jar to release air bubbles. Close jar with lid; refrigerate.
- 4Pickles are ready to eat in 1 day, but taste best in 3 days.
- 5Storage is good for up to 2 weeks.