1/2 recipe of Crock Pot Candy ("Mr. Bud Candy")
There seemed to be a lot of chocolate left near the end so I dipped a few dried apricots, then mixed in some dried cherries, walnuts, and mini marshmallows and added it to vanilla ice cream for delux Rocky Road.
I made it for the Child Advocacy Center's Chocolate Expo during our Sleigh Bell Weekend.
- 1 1/2 c
- unsalted, dry roasted peanuts
- 1 1/2 c
- salted, dry roasted peanuts
- 6 oz
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 oz
- baker's sweet baking chocolate (green box)
- 24 oz
- white chocolate for almond bark
How to Make 1/2 recipe of Crock Pot Candy ("Mr. Bud Candy")
- 1Break or cut the baking chocolate and white chocolate into pieces as scored.
- 2Add ingredients in the order given into a 3 qt. Rival Crock Pot.
- 3Cover and set Crock Pot to low. Cook w/out lifing cover for 3 hours. I checked it every half hour just to make sure it wasn't getting brown around the edges. It will start to melt around the edges but will keep its form for the most part.
- 4Turn off and remove crock to a hot pad. Stir with a sturdy wooden spoon.
- 5Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper lined pans. I used a sheet cake pan and its cover and one smaller cookie sheet. Let cool. Store in covered container in a cool place.