Spiced Honey Peanuts
I couldn't get an exact measurement on the honey required, start with what is called and add more if necessary.
I have to say I was pleased with the result. The cayenne pepper was a last minute add in that I definitely don't regret!
- 1 16oz jar(s)
- unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- few dashes tsp
- ground cloves
- 4-5 Tbsp
- 1/2 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- cayenne pepper (optional, to taste)
How to Make Spiced Honey Peanuts
- 1Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- 2Pour the jar of nuts into a large mixing bowl. Add dry ingredients and toss.
Stir in honey and melted butter. Make sure there is enough honey to thoroughly coat the nuts, but not enough to pool in the bottom of the bowl.
- 3Spread out on a baking sheet, I used the back of my biggest spoon.
Bake 20 minutes, stirring and spreading out again every 5 minutes.
After they stop sticking turn the oven off and leave them in the hot oven another 15 minutes.
- 4Remove from oven and immediately spread out on a piece of lightly greased waxed paper to cool.
Store airtight, I just put them back into the jar the peanuts originally came from.