★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 12-oz. boxcrispix cereal
1 5-oz. pkgslivered almonds*, toasted
1 6-oz. pkgpecan halves*, toasted
·*or substitute an equal amount of mixed nuts
¾ cbutter (do not use margarine)
¾ cdark corn syrup
1½ clight brown sugar
How to Make Sharon's Sweet N Nutty Snack Mix
- Preheat oven to 250°F. Lightly grease a large roasting pan; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix cereal and toasted nuts; set aside.
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter; stir in dark corn syrup and light brown sugar.
- Pour sauce over cereal/nut mixture; stir to coat evenly. Pour coated mixture into perpared roasting pan.
- Bake 1 hour in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes or so.
- Spread on wax paper to cool completely. Break into chunks; store in airtight container.