★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 12-oz. box
- crispix cereal
- 1 5-oz. pkg
- slivered almonds*, toasted
- 1 6-oz. pkg
- pecan halves*, toasted
- *or substitute an equal amount of mixed nuts
- ¾ c
- butter (do not use margarine)
- ¾ c
- dark corn syrup
- 1½ c
- light brown sugar
How to Make Sharon's Sweet N Nutty Snack Mix
- 1Preheat oven to 250°F. Lightly grease a large roasting pan; set aside.
- 2In large bowl, mix cereal and toasted nuts; set aside.
- 3In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter; stir in dark corn syrup and light brown sugar.
- 4Pour sauce over cereal/nut mixture; stir to coat evenly. Pour coated mixture into perpared roasting pan.
- 5Bake 1 hour in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes or so.
- 6Spread on wax paper to cool completely. Break into chunks; store in airtight container.