☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- light colored corn syrup
- 3/4 c
- almonds, coarsely chopped, toasted
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
How to Make Microwave Almond Brittle
- 1Line a jelly-roll pan with parchment paper. Combine sugar and syrup in a 2 quart glass bowl. Microwave at high for 3 minutes. (sugar mixture will be clear and bubbly).
- 2Stir in almonds. Microwave at high for 3 minutes or until the mixture is a light caramel color, stirring every minute.
- 3Stir in the butter, vanilla , and salt. Microwave at high 1 1/2 minutes or until the mixture is the color of peanut butter. Add the baking soda, and stir until the texture is foamy.
- 4Quickly pour the mixture onto prepared pan. Spread to 1/4 inch thickness. Let stand 30 minutes. Break brittle into pieces, and store in an airtight container for up to a week.