HOW TO ROAST CHESTNUTS
Jo Anne Sugimoto
How to Make HOW TO ROAST CHESTNUTS
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- With a sharp knife, cut an "X" in the rounded side of each chestnut through the shell.
- Place the chestnuts on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 10 minutes.
- You can sprinkle a few tablespoons of water over the chestnuts and shake the pan, bake for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Wrap them in a kitchen towel and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Crush them gently with the bottom of a heavy pan or you can squeeze them with your thumb on the bottom of the chestnut and your pointer finger on the top.
- Gather your roasted chestnuts into a bowl, and if you are lucky to have a fireplace, get comfy with your chestnuts. Have a beautiful Holiday Season!!!