How to Make Deep Fried Walnuts
- Put walnuts into a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- While waiting for the nuts to boil, heat up oil in a deep fryer to 360 - 375 degrees.
- After nut come to a boil, drain hot water and add sugar to hot walnuts (enough to make a nice glaze on the nuts.
- When oil is up to temperature, add a couple of scoops of the nuts at a time into the fryer basket, lower basket slowly into oil, cook for about 2min.(Keep checking to make sure the nuts don't get too dark) you want a med.to dark brown color. adjust cook time from that.
- When the walnuts are done cooking, lift basket and drain. Spread on a foil lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle salt to taste. let cool and put into a container.