Cracker Jacks Gone Wild!
The picture is one I made at the holidays using red/green M&M's
Blue Ribbon Recipe
So, truth be told, I absolutely love popcorn and M&M's. It's such a great combination - perfectly salty and sweet - that it's always my go-to movie treat. Well, this recipe really kicks that beloved combo up yet another notch! The Test Kitchen
8 cpopcorn, popped
1 ccashews pieces, salted
1 cm&m candies
1 ccranberries, dried
1 1/4 csugar
1/2 cbutter, unsalted
1/2 ccorn syrup, light
How to Make Cracker Jacks Gone Wild!
- Line a large jelly pan (or baking sheet) with foil and then spray with Pam.
- Combine popcorn, cashews, m&m and cranberries in a large bowl.
- Over medium heat in a large saucepan add the sugar,butter,corn syrup and salt. Stir frequently.
- Cook 3-4 minutes until sugar is dissolved and syrup is boiling stir occasionally. Reduce heat to medium, boil without stirring for 5-7 minutes or until mixture looks a light caramel color.
- Boil an additional 2-3 minutes or until it is a rich golden brown. Watch carefully as it will brown quickly.
- Remove from heat and pour over popcorn, nuts and candy mixture. Stir quickly to mix well. Pour/spread as much as possible pulling apart clumps into prepared pan.
- Cool 15-20 minutes or until warm to the touch. Break into pieces. Store in airtight containers.
- Enjoy within 5 days of preparation.