How to Make Cinnamon Sugar Almonds
- 1Mix together in a medium bowl the sugars and cinnamon.
- 2In a larg bowl with a whisk, mix together the egg whites until it is frothy. This will take 1-3 minutes. Add the almonds and coat throughly. I use a spatula and fold the almonds in with the egg whites. This will help the mixture stick to the almonds during the cooking process.
- 3Prepare your slow cooker by spraying it with cooking spray. I turned mine on low while I was prepping the recipe, this allows the cooking spray to stick to the sides better. I used a 4 quart.
Add the sugar to almonds. Dump half in, fold in sugar mixture, then dump in rest of sugar mixture. Pour into crock pot.
- 4Cook for 3-4 hours. Stirring every 20-30 minutes. Leave your crock pot on low. I know, you are going to want to turn it to medium or ever high but with all that sugar, it will burn and burn quickly (trust me, I tried, and couldn't save any of it!) Mine took 4 hours from start to finish, at the 3 hour mark I put in the 1/2 cup of water and let that cook for an hour. This will ensure a crunchy coating and help the mixture to harden. It will look dark, and not look pretty. But in the end, it will look right.
- 5Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and spread the almonds on the sheet to cool. The almonds should be sticky, so be sure to sperate them the best that you can and let them cool.