Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
During the holidays, I've always loved the roasted almonds that are sold in the shopping malls or at carnivals, but they're so expensive! So one day I decided to try my hand at making my own, and after trial and error I came up with this recipe that you can make in your own oven for half the price. They make great gifts and your home will smell heavenly!
How to Make Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- 1Preheat oven to 250°F,(120°). Lightly grease a cookie sheet or use parchment paper.
- 2Lightly beat the egg whites until frothy but not stiff. Mix in your spices, salt, and molasses until well combined.
- 3Add your almonds and stir to coat all the almonds with the egg/spices mixture.
- 4Spread evenly on your prepared cookie sheet and bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, stirring the almonds at about every 15 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool and then store nuts in air tight containers.
- 5I've experimented with different flavors like honey, caramel (caramel sauce) and chocolate (chocolate sauce). Instead of using molasses, just substitute one of these flavors for a sweet and pleasant treat. The caramel is awesome!!
About Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
Show 1 Comment & Review