Chili-Roasted Peanuts with Dried Cherries
1 ozunsalted butter
1 lbraw peanuts
1 Tbspmild chili powder
2 tspground cumin
2 tspground white pepper
1/2 tspdried oregano
1/2 tspcayenne pepper
8 ozdried cherries*
How to Make Chili-Roasted Peanuts with Dried Cherries
- Preheat the oven to 300 to 325°F. Melt the butter in a small saucepan; remove from heat. Add the raw peanuts and toss to coat evenly with the melted butter.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, cumin, white pepper, salt, oregano, and cayenne; set aside.
- Spread the peanuts in a single layer on a large sheet pan and lightly toast in the oven for about 10 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
- Transfer the peanuts into a large bowl and coat with the dry ingredients. Mix in the cherries until uniformly blended.
- Cool completely, then cover and store at room temperature (lasts up to 2 weeks).
* Can substitute raisins or dried cranberries in place of the dried cherries, if desired.